Friday, June 18, 2010

From May 11

On Sunday morning, the morning that there was no man and no kid in the house, the morning I was going to stretch out in my bed and sleep in, on freakin' Mother's day, the lamest holiday EVER, next to Father's Day, my fabulous drip system exploded. Well, it didn't really explode, I'm just feeling a little dramatic today. The end of the black hose that all the little black hoses come out of, is bent over and wrapped in electrical tape, per the instructions of my buddy, Sarge, at Orchard Supply. At 6:30 a.m., the time the drippers are suppose to start dripping, the force of the water shot the electrical tape off and water was gushing all over my deck and making clackity clack sounds on the pavement below. It took me a minute to talk myself out of ignoring it, but I finally went outside, in my pjs, down to the water valve, and started pressing all kinds of buttons on the timer trying to get the thing to turn off. I was too sleepy to remember that I could just turn off the water. Genius. So now I'm all wet, its 6:30 in the morning, freakin' mother's day, and I'm wide awake. Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment